Sunday, April 6, 2008

24 hrs in Jordan






I arrived in Jordan on April second via a connection in Bahrain. I have to say, I stopped at the McDonalds for lunch at 10:30 in the morning! (It was 1:30 my time and I hadn't had red meat in a month...does that make it ok?) Unfortunately, there were no shamrock shakes here!


First site I saw out of the airport was a military helicopter with what I thought was a refueling thing (technical term -- sorry Dad and Jim!) flying so I took a picture hoping that when I zoomed in I could see if it was a CH 53 E. I don't think it is but will leave that up to Dad.


The next day, I went to Israel by the King Hussein Bridge. I have some more pictures but apparently could go to jail for taking them so won't post those until I leave this country! ... Just a teaser for Jerusalem, Jerash and Petra pictures to come soon!

No comments: