I arrived in Bogota Colombia via Medellin. Other than Hola, cervasa and playa, I don’t speak a word of Spanish so going through customs in Medellin was a little bit of an unknown. They didn’t have the “transfer” line I have seen in most other international airports through which I have traveled. Fortunately, they gentleman sitting next to me on the plane spoke English and at least pointed me in the right direction. Then I gave my bags to a stranger who spoke no English but was wearing an airline outfit, walked OUTSIDE the airport in order to re-enter and sat in a very dark terminal waiting for my plane. Incidentally, no one checked my ID. Other than that, the trip there was smooth. My brother Mike and our “security escort” were waiting for me at baggage claim in bogota with an armored vehicle that looked like the A-team van!
Friday, December 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment